- Slice the Pork Belly into cubes an inch square.
- Place a large pan of water on the hob and bring it to simmer.
- Add the Pork and stir until white scum comes to the top of the water. Then drain and rinse the Pork under a running tap.
- Return the pan to the hob, wipe it dry and add the Sesame Oil and Palm Sugar. Heat until they begin to look like caramel and bubble a little.
- Add the Pork and toss. Keep the heat high and caramelise the edges of the pork till you have a nice golden brown colour throughout.
- After 5 minutes, add the Wine and two Soy Sauces. Turn the heat down and stir every now and then.
- Leave the pork to very lightly simmer for around an hour. If the sauce looks like it’s getting too thick add some water.
- Now make the Cucumber Pickles. In a bowl add the Vinegar and Sugar and stir until its dissolved.
- Shave the Cucumber into long ribbons or little chunks (whatever you prefer). Then spread them out paper towel.
- Sprinkle the Cucumber with salt and leave for 20mins.
- Then take the drained Cucumber and add it to the Pickle mix.
- When the Pork has a rich sauce and is soft, use a slatted spoon to remove the pork and set it aside.
- Now over a high heat, reduce the remaining sauce to make a thick and rich glaze.
- Turn the heat off and allow the sauce to cool a little before returning the Pork pieces to the pan and coating then in the sauce.
Now serve either on a bowl of White Rice with the Pickles or on screwers with the Pickle and a few leaves of Coriander.
Soy Sauce Pork Belly Canapes